Friday, November 19, 2010

"Because My Dreams are Bursting at the Seams..."


"We are our dreams. Our dreams bring us to who we are." -ac


It has been quite a while since my last blog. This happens when one continues to Move within themselves. In life, there are moments of pausing and moments of constant movement. But why? What is going on? Why the pause, now? I asked these very questions as I sat at my desk the last few days- or on days when I ran from my desk completely.

This morning I dropped my little one off at school. She made the principals honor roll and was dressed up for a ceremony and I watched her walk into school. It was as if everything was in slow motion. I couldn't believe that she was "my" kid. I sat watching her walk in and even took a quick picture. She is absolutely beautiful, wonderful, smart- so opposite of how I felt at her age. I struggled with grades a lot growing up. I struggled with self esteem issues and I can remember feeling as if I never quite fit in or I never deserved good things. They just weren't for me.

As an adult and while working through my own Movement, I have realized how very wrong I was. But I had to learn my self worth. Learning this took longer than I would have preferred but every part of the journey now makes sense looking back.  

I left her school this morning, got my daily cup of coffee and proceeded to drive home. While driving, the song, "Fireflies" by Owl City came on. I smiled and bobbed my head listening to the words. As I came around a corner, the sun hit everything before me in such a way that everything was illuminated and outlined in bright golden light. A few wild parrots flew over my car and the air shifted. I felt God. In the most random of moments, God seems to peek and say hello. When the moment passed, the following line from the Fireflies song played. Adam Young sang, "because my dreams are bursting at the seams..."

I kept driving and those words struck me. That is exactly how I feel now. The past few weeks have been 'off.' I couldn't, for the life of me, understand why I felt so "blah." My zest and activity had slowed and I felt stuck. I began to gain momentum recently and realized that over the last few weeks the problem was not that I was stuck, but rather that I had lost sight of my dreams.

We often lose sight of how important our dreams are. The help us identify who we are and they align us with our purpose and happiness. When we lose sight of our dreams, we lose sight of who we are.

Needless to say, I am back in the saddle again! I have many BIG things coming up that are happening with The Movement Within for you, the Movers. Doreen Virtue from Hay House, Derrick Ashong from Oprah's Radio, Best selling author, Nancy Garden, Marla Schulman from Life After Kids, Life After All (http://lifeafterkids.tv/) are all upcoming guests The Movement Within Radio.

TMW will also be a proud sponsor for an amazing event in January at the Allow Your Spirit To Soar Conference (check out the website: http://www.allowyourspirittosoar.com/). We are also bringing on some new wonderfully talented and spirited people onto TMW website (http://www.themovementwithin.com/) and
my first e-book (8 Steps to Ignite The Movement Within You: Regaining Your Life, Your Power, Your Self!) will be available soon. Lot's is a happenin'!

But why? Why are all of these wonderful things taking place? Because they are a part of my dreams. My dream is to help humanity Move within themselves. Why? Because when we do and we get past that "pause" in our lives, we discover life. We discover self. We discover joy. When we are in joy (enjoy), we are helping to lift the world. That is why. To lift humanity, one heart at a time. And baby, my dreams are busting at the seams!

Happy beautiful Friday Movers! Thank you for being a part of my Movement and for allowing your Movement to take place. Happy beautiful YOU!

Love to you all. KEEP Moving!

- April
  

No comments:

Post a Comment